Seems that Santa kissing mama under the mistletoe was a very healthy thing to do. I just read that kissing helps reduce blood pressure, amps up your happy hormones, fights cavities and even zaps headaches! So improve your health (and benefit from the hugs and kisses) by making this quick and crafty Kissing Ball with Red Heart Boutique Sassy Fabric. It's just one of a few ideas I used for a Adding sparkle and softness to my Christmas decorating.
Kissing Ball in Boutique Sassy Fabric: Perfect for placing where you warmly greet your guests!
- Boutique Sassy Fabric, 1 hank of 9934 Red Dot
- 4 diameter Styrofoam® ball
- Faux mistletoe (I got a bunch of mistletoe and cut it into smaller sprigs)
- Straight pins
- Scrap of yarn for loop
- Ribbon bow (optional)
- Knit or crochet a ruffled scarf with one hank of the Boutique Sassy Fabric.
- Pin scarf to ball going in vertical rows so that you only have one layer of ruffles covering the whole ball, as in the photo on the left below.
- Pin sprigs of mistletoe around the ball, as in the photo on the right below.
- Using a yard or so of yarn (I used red), crochet a chain and then do a row of single crochets into chain. Pin to top of ball and secure with a dab of glue. Hang and enjoy!
Ruffle Scarf Garland: A Add sparkle and color to your tree! Or wherever!
Use a Sashay scarf to dress up your mantle, a stairway railing or a shelf. It doesn't take long to knit or crochet with Boutique Sashay. I used Boutique Sashay Sparkle in Emerald and Red Hot on the tree instead of the usual garland. It has a festive shiny edge that makes it perfect for the holidays. You can use whatever color you wish!
Ruffle Scarf Piles of Snow: Use this idea to add a romantic touch to any shelf or mantle!
I used Boutique Sashay Sequins in Champagne for piles of snow and nestled these cute woodland critters among the ruffles. It doesn't show in my iPhone photo, but the sequins really add a nice sparkle to the look.