Must Make Mother’s Day Gifts!Easy
Home is where your mom is, so why not celebrate her day by making something for that place she’s helped make so special? Here are 9 projects perfect for the crafty mom (as the mother to 3 myself, I’d love to receive any of these) in your life who loves to D.I.Y. her dwelling!
1- Big Waves Throw: Knits up in a jiffy using Bernat Mega Bulky, and packs a powerful, pop-of-color punch!
2 - Dainty Days Tea Towels: One of my ol’, Austin Craft Mafia buddies, Jenny Hart never disappoints when it comes to new-fashioned, embroidered goodness. Make mom a fresh tea towel for every day of the week, with embroidery patterns by Sublime Stitching.
3. Braided T-shirt Basket: Turn those old tees into a clutter basket for any room. Tiffanie from Corner Blog shows you how over on Apartment Therapy.
4. Smooshy Mooshy Bathmat: Get the elementary set in on the crafting-for-mom action! This bathmat from my book, Finger Knitting Fun is an easy-to-make intro for kids on assembling knit pieces. Bonus: mom will love how the Bernat Blanket yarn feels underneath her toes!
5. Pretty Painted Pot: Miss Rennaisance shows how to turn a a regular, terra-cotta pot into a chic home for succulents!
6. Faux Marquee Love Letters: Mom will feel your hugs and kisses every time she sees her “XO”s on the mantel. My good friends, Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza show how easy it is to get the marquee look using Collage Clay and mirrors.
7. Weaving Sticks Wall Hanging: The fiber-filled wall hangings popular in the 1970’s are back in fashion! Never has making one been so easy (and fun!) than now with Clover’s Weaving Sticks. Put a modern spin on your version by choosing a brights-and-neutral color palette like I did out of Patons Classic Wool Bulky and Bernat Roving.
8. Yarn Wrapped Wreath: A little Lily Sugar ‘n Cream added to a wreath form makes for a sweet, door decoration that’s sure to put a smile on mom’s face!
9. Diamond Daisy Rug: This last one is my favorite, because it takes the concept of a traditional doily and super-sizes it! This rug (as seen on Knitting Daily TV — watch below) will add a modern pop of color to any room, and because it’s made with SIX strands of cotton at once it’s both durable and doable (just in time for Mother’s Day!)
10. Diamond Daisy Rug: This last one is my favorite, because it takes the concept of a traditional doily and super-sizes it! This rug (as seen on Knitting Daily TV — watch below) will add a modern pop of color to any room, and because it’s made with SIX strands of cotton at once it’s both durable and doable (just in time for Mother’s Day!)
Happy Mother’s Day-making!
Christmas GiftingEasily dress up your gifts this Christmas with these easy, no-needle braided gift toppers! A great way to use up excess yarn!
Home DecorMinimalist and modern baby nurseries are all the rage right now, and we want to show you how to get the same effect without spending the money