Satin Sparkle - Pompom Headband (craft)
Step 1:Select your options
Step 2:Click each color to change it or go with the colors recommended by the designer
Details & Instructions
Bernat Satin Sparkle (80 g/2.8 oz: 146 m/160 yds)
Diamond (53005) 1 ball
4" [10 cm] square piece of cardboard. Glue. Length of ribbon. 3 small snaps. Thread and sewing needle. Scissors.
Pompom (make 3)
1. Print out 2” [5 cm] template for each disc (make 2 discs). Glue to cardboard. Allow to dry, then cut out along solid and dashed lines.
2. Cut a piece of yarn approx 8" [20.5 cm] long, place between the 2 discs around the center cut out and hold discs together.
3. Wrap yarn around cardboard template 150 times for Large Pompom, 100 times for Medium Pompom and 60 times for Small Pompom.
4. Pull yarn between the 2 discs and tie very tightly in center.
5. Slip scissors between the 2 discs and cut the wrapped yarn all around the circle.
6. Pull 2 discs from the yarn. Fluff and trim pompom into smooth
Trim Large Pompom to approx 2" [5 cm] diameter, Medium Pompom to approx 1.5" [4 cm] in diameter and Small Pompom to approx 1" [2.5 cm] diameter as shown in picture.
Cut ribbon to head measurement, leaving 21?2" [6 cm] ease. Trim ends diagonally, so ribbon does not unravel. Overlap ends and sew snaps in position for comfortable fit. Fold ribbon in half to mark center point. Beg at center point, sew Large, Medium and Small pompoms in position as shown in picture.