Step 1:Select your options
- Single Size
Step 2:Click each color to change it or go with the colors recommended by the designer
Materials not included in this kit:
- Plastic cup (cup shown is 20 oz/476 ml size).
- Printed template.
- Glue (hot glue and glue gun is recommended – adult supervision required).
Details & Instructions
|Main Color (MC) Ocean (9759)||1|
|Contrast A Cool Green (9770)||1|
|Contrast B Neon Green (9777)||1|
|Contrast C Neon Yellow (9773)||1|
|Plastic cup (cup shown is 20 oz/476 ml size). Marker. Tape. Scissors. Printed template. Glue (hot glue and glue gun is recommended – adult supervision required).|
1. Place cup upside down on printed template, centering the mouth of cup within the circle. (See template on downloadable PDF).
2. Mark cup at each dividing line with maker.
3. Repeat Steps 1 & 2 at base of cup.
4. Cut down sides of cup at each mark from mark at mouth of cup to mark at base of cup leaving approximately .” [0.5 cm] uncut at base. You will have 1 1 weaving strips.
5. Tape end of yarn to the inside bottom of the cup.
6. Weave yarn in and out of strips, pushing weaving to bottom of cup as you work.
TO CHANGE COLORS
1. Cut first yarn and bring tail to inside (see blue yarn in photo). Place end of new second color inside cup, skipping one weaving strip (see green yarn in photo).
2. Begin weaving with new color, trapping yarn tails between weaving and inside of cup as you go.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 as necessary for desired stripe pattern.
Cut yarn and tuck tail into weaving at inside of cup. Dab with glue and let dry to secure.
BRAID: Cut 12 lengths of yarn approximately 36” [91.5 cm] long. Tie strands together close to one end.
Divide strands into groups of 4 and braid together, tying a knot to secure end. Glue braid around top edge of cup, cutting to size and securing ends at inside of cup with glue (cut off any knots to avoid bulk).
Make a second braid and glue around bottom of cup in the same manner.