Felted "Tricot" Bag
Felted "Tricot" Bag
Show your love of crafting with this cute felted "tricot" bag. Measures approx. 13" (33 cm) x 11 1/2" (29 cm). Shown in Patons Classic Wool #204 Old Gold and #226 Black, using 4.5 mm (US 7) knitting needles. Set of snap fasteners.
Step 1:Select your options
- Single Size
Approx 13 ins [33 cm] wide x 11½ ins [29 cm] high (excluding strap).
Step 2:Click each color to change it or go with the colors recommended by the designer
Materials not included in this kit:
Details & Instructions
|Approx 13 ins [33 cm] wide x 11½ ins [29 cm] high (excluding strap).|
|Main Color (MC) ()||4|
|Contrast A Black (00226)||1|
20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Important to know before felting
- Record all the measurements and changes before and after felting. You will be able to adjust the method to produce proper results.
- Always test a sample. Different colored yarns may felt differently.
- Colorfastness can be affected by very hot water.
- Any knitting that has been properly felted becomes very dense and matted.
- Put knitted pieces in top-loading washing machine. Using low water level, run a Hot/Cold cycle for 5-15 min. Put in a pair of jeans or large towel (in non-interfering color) for extra agitation.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda for a small load. After one cycle, check for size. Repeat as necessary.
- Run through the rinse and spin cycle.
- Lay felted piece on a dry towel, away from heat or sunlight.
- Shape piece to correct measurements.
- Allow to dry thoroughly. Do not use a clothes dryer.
- If an edge ripples, baste a thread through the edge and gather in. Remove the thread after the felting is dry.
Back, Front and Pocket
With MC, cast on 90 sts.
Work 42 ins [106.5 cm] in stocking st, ending with RS facing for next row. Cast off.
Handles (make 2)
With MC, cast on 11 sts.
Work 28 ins [63.5 cm] in seed st. Cast off.
Felt all pieces.
Felted piece for Back, Front and Pocket should measure approx 15 ins [38 cm] wide and 31½ ins [80 cm] high.
Cut Front and Back of Bag 13 ins [33 cm] wide by 11½ ins [29 cm] high. Cut Pocket 10½ ins [27 cm] wide by 5½ ins [14 cm] high. Shape bottom corners (see Cutting Diagram ).
With A, blanket st top of Front and Back. With A, blanket st around Pocket. Using A and stem st, embroider “Tricot” onto Pocket as shown on Diagram. With A, WS facing of Front and Back tog, blanket st sides and bottom of Bag. Blanket st top of Bag. Sew Pocket to Front as illustrated.
Trim Handles to measure 21 ins [53.5 cm] long. With B, blanket st around Handles. Sew Handles in position as illustrated.
Sew snap fasteners on inside.