Felted Buffalo Plaid Roll Bag
Felted Buffalo Plaid Roll Bag
Hip & funky style - you'll love toting this little bag around. Measures approx. 11" (28 cm) wide x 5 1/2" (14 cm) high. Shown in Patons Classic Wool. 4.5 mm (US 7) double-pointed knitting needles. 1 toggle.
Step 1:Select your options
- Single Size
Approx 11 ins [28 cm] long x 5½ ins [14 cm] high.
Step 2:Click each color to change it or go with the colors recommended by the designer
Materials not included in this kit:
Details & Instructions
|Approx 11 ins [28 cm] long x 5½ ins [14 cm] high.|
|Main Color (MC) Bright Red (00230)||1|
|A Black (00226)||2|
|B Grey Mix (00224)||2|
|Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles. Set of four size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) double pointed knitting needles or size needed to obtain tension. 1 toggle.|
20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Important to know before felting
- Record all the measurements and changes before and after felting. You will be able to adjust the method to produce proper results.
- Always test a sample. Different colored yarns may felt differently.
- Colorfastness can be affected by very hot water.
- Any knitting that has been properly felted becomes very dense and matted.
- Put knitted pieces in top-loading washing machine. Using low water level, run a Hot/Cold cycle for 5-15 min. Put in a pair of jeans or large towel (in non-interfering color) for extra agitation.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda for a small load. After one cycle, check for size. Repeat as necessary.
- Run through the rinse and spin cycle.
- Lay felted piece on a dry towel, away from heat or sunlight.
- Shape piece to correct measurements.
- Allow to dry thoroughly. Do not use a clothes dryer.
- If an edge ripples, baste a thread through the edge and gather in. Remove the thread after the felting is dry.
With MC, cast on 144 sts.
1st row: (RS). *With MC, K12. With B, K12. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: *With B, P12. With MC, P12. Rep from * to end of row.
3rd to 20th rows: Rep last 2 rows 9 times more.
21st row: *With B, K12. With A, K12. Rep from * to end of row.
22nd row: *With A, P12. With B, P12. Rep from * to end of row.
23rd to 40th rows: Rep last 2 rows 9 times more.
Last 40 rows form Plaid Pat.
Rep 40 rows of Plaid Pat twice more, ending with RS facing for next row. 120 rows in total. Cast off in pat.
Handles (make 2)
With A and set of four needles, cast on 11 sts. Divide sts evenly on 3 needles and place a marker on first st.
Knit in rnds until work from beg measures 16 ins [40.5 cm]. Cast off.
With A and pair of two double pointed needles, cast on 4 sts.
1st row: K4. *Do not turn. Slide back to beg of needle. K4. Rep from * until work from beg measures 13 ins [38 cm]. Cast off.
Felt all pieces. Felted piece should measure approx 13¾ ins [35 cm] long x 24½ ins [62 cm] wide.
Cut Main Section 11 ins [28 cm] wide by 17¼ ins [44 cm] long and 2 round sides 5½ ins [14 cm] in diameter (See Cutting Diagram). Pin Sides to Main Section. With A and RS of work facing, blanket st Sides to Main Section. With B, blanket st top opening of Bag.
Trim Handles to measure 12 ins [30.5 cm] long. Trim toggle loop to measure 9 ins [23 cm] long. Sew Handles and toggle loop in position as illustrated trimmimg bottoms of handles into points. Sew toggle to correspond to loop.