The simple addition of a button and loop turns the Basic Dishcloth into an ingenious spa-themed gift!
Step 1:Select your options
- Single Size
Approximately 8 inches [20.5 centimeters] square.
Step 2:Click each color to change it or go with the colors recommended by the designer
Materials not included in this kit:
Large eye blunt-ended needle. 1 button.
Ch(s) = Chain(s)
sc = single crochet
Yoh = yarn over the hook
Details & Instructions
|Approximately 8 inches [20.5 centimeters] square.|
|Main Color (MC) Yellow (00010)||1|
|Size 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge. Large eye blunt-ended needle. 1 button.|
GAUGE13 single crochets and 14 rows = 4 inches [10 centimeters].
- Make a loop, then hook another loop through it.
- Tighten gently and slide the knot up to the hook.
- Yarn over hook (yoh) and draw the yarn through to form a new loop without tightening up the previous one.
- Repeat to form as many chains (ch) as required. Do not count the slip knot as a stitch.
1st row: 1 single crochet in 2nd chain from hook. 1 single crochet in each chain to end of chain. Turn. (You should have 25 single crochets at end of row.)
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 single crochet in each single crochet across row. Turn. (You should have 25 single crochets at end of row.)
- Insert the hook into the work (2nd chain (ch) from hook on starting chain), *yarn over hook (yoh) and draw yarn through the work only.
- Yarn over hook (yoh) again and draw the yarn through both loops on the hook.
- 1 single crochet (sc) made. Insert hook into next stitch: repeat (rep) from * in step 1.
Repeat last row until work from beginning measures 8 inches [20.5 centimeters].
Button loop: Chain 6. Join with slip stitch to last single crochet. Fasten off.
Fasten off by cutting working yarn approx 6 inches [15 centimeters] long and draw this end through last loop. Pull tightly to secure.
Weave in ends.
Weaving in Ends
Thread yarn through a blunt tip large eye needle and make small alternating stitches along the wrong side edge of your work. After you have worked about 2 inches [5 centimeters] in one direction, turn and work backwards alternating over the spaces you just worked. Now you can safely cut the end.
Sew button to center of cloth.