I spent considerably more time thinking about completing this cardigan than actually completing it. It was the variegated yarn - matching color changes across different pieces and getting them to make sense was a real brain-teaser. I'm still not quite certain I love how the tops of the arms match at the shoulder. The trim around the entire edge and the arms was also a challenge to match color-wise.
All grumbling aside, here is the finished project
I would make this pattern again but would use a solid yarn or a variegated yarn with shorter repeats or more subtle color variations. That being said, the lacy pattern really did a fantastic job showing off the colors of the Bernat Mosaic in a way that a more closed stitch pattern might not have.
Just like a wool single ply yarn, the Mosaic single ply yarn does pull apart if you tug hard at it. It really makes you believe you are working with a freshly spun fleece. Given that this yarn really was intended to be the acrylic answer to wool, I think it is spot on. For that reason, I decided to use some of my Bernat Satin for my mattress stitch seams.
Now that I've completed three crocheted garment patterns, I think I need to have a heart to heart with myself about my actual size. I've been following the Small sizes since they match my measurements closer than the Mediums do. Both this last cardigan and the first cardigan I attempted have been more snug than I really like. Even with blocking. I'm happy that my hook changes and stitch choices have all created lovely drapey fabric, but unless I'm planning on losing 15 pounds - and I'm not - the draping effect isn't as obvious. I won't likely end up wearing this cardigan - I'll have to find a slim teenager and gift it.