I am getting so close to finishing up this sensory blanket! I have finished yet another motif, and love how it came out. Being the rebel that I am however, I deviated from the pattern and decided to do this block with a simple double crochet. With the elastic in the yarn I thought it might be better to maintain a more dense fabric than the pattern for Motif D originally would allow. Because of the beautiful texture in the yarn, it didn't need much embellishing to be a pretty texture.
With each square I finish I get more and more excited about seeing the finished project come together! I just love how the blocks look when they're placed together. The colors in Bernat Baby Stretch are so bold and beautifully coordinated. I can't wait to see this stretched out over my daughter's bed!
Both of my beautiful daughters keep asking about when it will be finished. Because it is so close to being finished I can now tell them that it won't be long! Only one more motif to finish before seaming it all together!